La Cigale: Auckland's French-styled Farmers' Market

One of things I did when I was there was to visit the La Cigale, it's the French Market in Auckland. To be here, you need to rise early to catch the freshest ingredients from the market. I had a field day looking at the varieties and completely immerse myself into the noisy environment. It's definitely worth a visit!

Who can miss this early shot of espresso? Here I had one of the most wonderful and delicious mochaccino!
My look of the day

Look at the variety of apples here!

There is a building where you can go in and warm yourself if you find outside to be too chilly (and I did just that!)

Bought some herbs for the Queen in my house, so that my family can also have a taste of Auckland that I brought back for them. Ain't that a clever idea?

A whole lot of activities that is actually going on revolves around this stall. Of course my photo here didn't quite justify. Actually on the right, there is a loooooooonnnnnngggggg queue of people queueing to buy coffee and on the right is another queue for paying up food. It's a buzzing stall!

Our delicious and scrumptious breakfast that morning 

A wide variety of cheese to choose and there is also a wide selection of wines on the other side of the market that you can choose from to go with the cheeses.

Ah... finally ronnie's favourite, the ham slicer... Don't ask me why... ^_^

After visiting the marketplace, on the other side of the market you can actually stroll through some of the stores. I remember there is a store that sells goods which they bring in all the way from France. Then there is also a garage that sells furnitures and add ons. Just allow yourself to be amused with all the things that you discover here.

Always remember when you go on holiday, go with an open heart and open mind, don't let things at home to bog down your feelings. This way, you will definitely be able to enjoy every moment of your life. Adios.

Market Hours:

Open Saturdays 8am to 1.30pm
Open Sundays 9am to 1.30pm

69 St Georges Bay Rd (off the Strand end)
Parnell
ph 3669361


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Blogger templates

Popular Posts

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates