Wu Fen Pu (五分埔) & Raohe Night Market (饒河街觀光夜市)

While I prepare myself for my family trip, I'll be making notes on the places where I plan to go here. Feel free to share or use the information here but at your own risk, I do not take responsibility for the accuracy of the information here and if you do spot any inaccuracy, please do let me know. ^_^

p/s: I'm back but still updating this post based on what I experienced while I was there.

Some things to know:
- The nearest night market is Raohe St. Night Market (饒河街觀光夜市). So it makes sense to spend about a day to visit both places in a day.
- The main reason people are here is because this place is fame for its cheap clothing. But I would say if you're a tourist here, you're most likely pay more than the local and if you're only buying 1 or 2 piece from the shop, you're still paying the regular price outside. I suppose after all the hype about this place selling cheap clothing the glory days are now over people.
- Make sure you check your product especially those NTD100 clothes. I realised a lot of the things I bought, the threads will start to give way after the first wash.
- If you're there really to do serious shopping, try to go to this place early because after the sun is down, you will have a hard time maneuvering around this area and this place is really huge.

Food to try:
- Pepper buns (福州世祖胡椒饼)
- Medicinal braised pork ribs and lamb (金林三兄弟)
  1. Directions:
    1. Take the MRT to Houshanpi [後山埤] Station (Nangang line i.e. blue line).
    2. At the Houshanpi station, take Exit 4, as you get off the escalator, take a 180 degrees turn, turn right and walk along Youngji Street for about 5-10 minutes. 
    3. Lookout for the roadsigns that says "Wu Fen Pu" as seen above, and turn right into the Wu Fen Pu! A good landmark would be to look out for the red YMCA building on the left. The entrance to Wu Fen Pu is directly opposite YMCA.
  2. Business hour: Most shops open at around noon and close after mid-night d. On Sundays, shops may close earlier around 9:00p.m. e. Mondays are said to be strictly for wholesalers only, so you might not be served as well on other days.
  3. Maps (download maps for a bigger view of the maps):
    Macro map view of Wufenpu market
    Breakdown view of Wufenpu market, this is best when you have a shop in mind and you would like to head straight to the shop, instead of wasting time searching for it high and low.

View Wufenpu/Raohe (五分埔/饒河) in a nutshell in a larger map


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Blogger templates

Popular Posts

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates