oh patricia field...

Just finish watching a Taiwanese drama, Material Queen (拜金女王). I feel they have invested alot of money on this show, from the shooting location to costume. The opening of the show was with great pomp and opulence. The dizzying effect of Paris, lavishing branded hangbags, glittering diamonds and endless bubbles, are all the envy of most women, if not all. But once you take away all this facade, you are left with a weak or less than convincing act.

Though it may be so, I still ended up watching the entire series because I wanted to know how the story develops itself. There are a few characters in this show that attracts my attention, Peter and Li Hai. Li Hai is because of his suaveness and Peter for his character in this show, one who never leaves a friend no matter in what situation. Peter's role in this show reminds me of a Chinese saying, "飞关风月,之为真心".

Another reason for watching this show is because I'm attracted to the costumes wore in this show. For this show I know they have invited the coveted Patricia Field, who is also the costume designer for Sex and the City. I have always love all the clothes designed by her. Even though with her advance in age she has never fail to amazed me with all her fashionable and beautiful designs. I can only wish that one day I can wear one of her designs but that is perhaps something that is very far to reach.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Blogger templates

Popular Posts

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates