braces update - 5th month

Going into my 5th month now, it's still a mix feeling of regret and anticipation. Putting on braces can really help one to lose weight, no joke. The pain that comes with the tension from the braces on your teeth really makes you lose your appetite and in the end, you're only interested to drink rather than eat. You don't want to do anymore chewing with your teeth. The moment you put something solid in your mouth, you're constantly reminded of the pain and that makes you lose it all.

When I started wearing my braces, I only manage to install the upper bracket because I need to wait to do 2 surgery extraction to remove 2 teeth and each surgery requires me to rest at least 2 weeks before I can do anything. Now, I already have my lower bracket installed on the 4th month. Due to the severity of my condition, the lower teeth is taking a long time to straighten as oppose to the upper row which took only 2 weeks to get it straighten. Right now 3 of my teeth are not clip to the wire because it will cause a lot of pain for me if they did it forcefully, not that it isn't now. Though it may be so, I still can't help looking into the mirror every morning, hoping for some miracle to happen, like my teeth started to space out so that other teeth can fit in nicely. But last week I asked the dentist how long it will take for the teeth to straighten, he answered me with a smiley face, another 8 - 9 months. Can you imagine how my heart sank at that time, sigh sounds to me this is going to be a long journey.

I also read on forums one of the things not to extend your life with braces is ensure that you're always on time for your appointment. My doctor recommends that I go back every month, partly also to pay my instalment, for my checkup. I've already changed my wire 3 times, each time giving me a different tension and pain. Constantly reminding me of my decision I made 5 months ago, until today I still ask myself if I'm doing the right thing to go through all this pain.

One of the questions I constantly ask my dentist will I lose all my teeth at the end of the treatment, my dentist will laugh at me and tell me no. But how can I not feel that way? Every time they change wire and try to clip it to my teeth, I always end up shouting for help inside my heart. The discomfort that is brought on when they change wire, is hard to not to understand why you will lose all your teeth at the end of the treatment, although thank god, I haven't.

This is the latest condition of my teeth, hopefully the next update I will be able to post a straightened teeth already.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Blogger templates

Popular Posts

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates