for wkw shu uemura


Hihi...

Yesterday Mich and I was at a Shu Uemura's launching party at Empire Shopping Center (Subang), it was to launch a holiday collection by Wong Kar Wai (王家衛), a Hong Kong director. One of his more (in)famous movies is In the Mood For Love (花樣年華), if you happen to be a fan of chinese movies.

Anyway there was not much at the (supposedly) party, no food nor door gift. Which was a little disappointing, I was hoping that at least I can get a sample or something but oh well, good thing is they teach us how to apply makeup. That's something that I'm looking forward to the most and of course to also have a good fun with my girlfriend.

Left: Burning in Water
Right: Drowning in Flame
(notice how they interchange the gerunds to show a side of their creativity)

False Lashes: Dance in Glitter (Left) and Jewel Love (Right)
Mascara
Special Edition Lipsticks: 
Rouge Luster - red shade with delicate gold shimmer 
Pink Flush - bright glossy pink 
Glitter Fuse - beige with gold sparkle
Flashing gold mini brush set
Lustrous Glow Powder
Cleansing Oil

These were the items I saw during the launch, I know the collection also includes nail polish but it wasn't there yesterday or rather I didn't notice any. I did pickup a few tips and techniques on putting up a nice makeup so it was quite worthwhile for me as I'm still quite an amateur. After the presentation on makeup application, the instructor gladly did a makeup on my face using a palette of my choice. I went for burning in water palette because I'm attracted by the deep blue pigment.

This is the result of the instructor's demo on me. It took her a mere 10 minutes to get this ready (it could be a lot faster if we hadn't disrupt her with so many why and how... LOL). After I got this look, I realized the blue palette is not the only thing that I'm attracted to but also the gold glitter!

The picture doesn't do justice how bling the glitter is under the lights, I'm using my iPhone for all my picture taking these days. I feel that with the bling, the eyes look a lot brighter and larger. Overall it the eyes seem to have more energy. So, with the knowledge I pick up yesterday, I tried to apply the same technique on myself today and this is what I got.

My right eye

My left eye

This is how it looks under white lighting

I feel I still need to work on my technique, seems to me I can get a bit overboard with the darker pigment. There isn't much contrast between the light and dark colors, so it's not quite exactly like the one I had yesterday. But for someone who is starting to learn to pick up the correct way on makeup application, I think I'm quite happy with this. ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Blogger templates

Popular Posts

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates