me ♥ confetti: Planning a Bachelorette Party (Part 3)

Yay! Finally we all went and came back from our Bachelorette getaway @ Bintan, Banyan Tree Hotel. This is my first all girls holiday and I really enjoy their company although I must say the hotel service even though famed for thsir 5 star service was quite a letdown to us. A couple of us are already thinking of organizing another getaway in the near future, so I'm really looking forward to this next one (minus the cough).

So on Saturday morning, I woke up super early, like 4am or something to pack my bags. Although it's a 2D1N but I still manage to stuff my cabin trolley bag almost to the brim. I guess there will never be enough space for girls when it comes to traveling. Somehow everything becomes an essential thing to have. After packing, Ron was kind enough to pull himself out early in the wee morning to fetch me to the airport for my early morning flight to Singapore. Yes, 3 girls flew down that morning and we met up with Winnie and Shevy for a morning breakfast at Dome. I was a bit disappointed that Shevy did not welcome me with a huge banner (HAHAHAHAHHAA) and dancing in joy, instead she came late (*frowns*).
When arrived, we were greeted with a cup of cold Ginger & Lime drink. The check in was slow but good thing we have each others company so we chatted our time away giggling and laughing, just as all girls do.
At the time we arrived it was already late afternoon but our room was still not ready. So we had to mingle around here, not too bad except when they have more guests arriving than expected. You don't really get a lot of sitting space around here when it gets crowded.


One of the two rooms. We booked ourselves into a 2-bedroom suite, Sanctuary Pool Villa. It's one of the best choices we made rather than booking 2 separate rooms especially when villa here is so far away from each other.

The bathroom that comes with an open concept shower. Nice, only when you're here with your other half. They also have a closed bathroom except you can't hang your clothes within, you need to wrap yourselves and walkout to get dress. Weird design. 
Then we have this very nice pavilion with overlooking the sea and our private pool. This is where we had our girlie chat and celebration.

The outside view of our suite. On the left is one of the rooms and the right is the pavilion. There is another chilling lounge and a jacuzzi on each side of our suite (not in the picture).

 The sea view that beckons us

 
The first thing we did when we reach was having lunch together. the ambiance of the restaurant were good but lacking in service. Then when night falls we manage to sell our bride for some cash to fund out trip and this is perhaps the peak of our trip. It was hilarious how we manage to do it, albeit some awkwardness involved but I'm quite amazed by the transformation of the girls from the usual demure outlook to a never seen before character, anyway we manage to get this act up and earn some extra moolah. As we retire back to our villa, we had our own little celebration for the bride with flowing champagne, choya and more foods (LOL!).

On the following morning, we had wanted to go for our breakfast buffet that comes together our suite but were told that it's full and were asked to had our breakfast in the room instead but pay for the delivery service. There were quite a bit of hoo haa due to miscommunication between their front desk and restaurant staff. One side ask us to go to the restaurant, while another refuse to book the buggy and ask us to eat in instead. We are happy to eat in actually because it just gives us more privacy and space to chat but we're quite irked by the whole breakfast experience especially coming from Banyan that boasts a 5 star service.

Finally, we all went for a spa session together before leaving the place. With all the different services on the menu, we were really spoilt for choice. We already had the spa menu since check in but we couldn't really decide until we were there, this is the kind of dilemma I rather have than work dilemma.

A little gift from the bride to all of us, a bling bling mirror. There were a few varieties but I was given this. What a perfect timing!
Since I started my braces treatment, I have been more conscious with leftover getting stuck in between my teeth and been thinking of getting myself a pocket mirror, so this really come as the perfect gift.


And finally the getaway wouldn't be complete without a group picture of all of us together. I'm really glad to have organized this getaway with them and honestly it was a lot easier than I had thought because of all the help I get from the girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Blogger templates

Popular Posts

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates